Monday, April 16, 2007

Some more photos


A couple of links to some pictures of our new daughter:





Bethan Amalie Haszard was born at 4:45 a.m. on Sunday the 15th of April. Bethan is a Welsh name we liked - click on the name for more info. It is pronounced like Bethany, but without the 'y' (not BethAnne or Betharn), but you can call her Beth. Amalie is a family name, from Rach's family. We have not misspelled "Amelie'.

She weighed 7 lbs 11 oz (or 3.49 kg for metricians) and was about 52cm long (although how you measure a slippery, screaming newborn with any level of accuracy I don't know).

To me, she looks like the usual newborn combination of Yoda and angry old bloke, but I love her anyway. Seriously, I can't see any real resemblance to either of her parents, or to her sister. Feel free to weigh in with your own opinions though.

She is also very loud - not one of those newborns that has a cute little ignorable whimper.

She was born at the RREBC here in Hanimalton. It was a water birth, and as everyone told us, it was quite a bit easier than a first baby (not that I did a hell of a lot).

Big Sister Ella is being a Big Help with everything, and is quite often actually helpful.

1 comment:

afraid said...

The 'happy family' photo (wit all four of you) is the best.

My first thought was that she reminds me of Kendyll, but now I'm not so sure.