You may note the new button I've put over there --> under the "Links" heading. If clicked, this will take you to a place where you can download the current version of Opera.
Why should you do this? Well, there are millions of reasons, but here are just a few:
- Tabbed browsing - this means that you can have a whole lot of web pages open, but just one browser window.
- Mouse gestures - these allow you to do things like browse forward or back by right-clicking and moving your mouse. It takes about half an hour to become completely used to using these, then you'll wonder how you ever did without them.
- Session saving - if you have several webpages open, but you need to shut down the computer (or it crashes), Opera remembers all the pages you had open when you fire it back up again.
- Speed - in many browser speed tests, Opera generally beats the other browsers in terms of browsing speed.
- Widgets - if you're not sure what these are, have a look here. Mac OS X+ users will be used to them already. Some are gimmicky, some are really useful.
- Size - the Opera download is only 6.2MB, and that includes all the stuff listed above. Firefox is a bit smaller, but then you have to go and find and install a whole lot of extensions to make it do the same things Opera does by default.