Saturday, August 27, 2005

Everybody's doing it so why don't we?


I bought a Sony SA32 online (for a wicked good price) the other day. Got it delivered to work, it turned up yesterday.

I had joked to people that it was bigger than my house - it is a CRT, so isn't compact by any means.

Turns out that the joke was on me. The box it came in was too big to fit through any of the (standard-sized) doors in my house. I'd got an obliging colleague to help me lift it off the trailer (too big to fit in the car as well), so he helped me to take it out of the box and bung it on the living-room floor.

I wasn't keen on leaving it on the lawn for the afternoon - not that anyone could have stolen it without a crane and a medium-size truck!

The thing will be temporarily installed in the lounge while we either: (a) decide that it's far too big and trade around for a 28-inch; or (b) get so attached to it that we keep it. Hopefully I can be sensible about this and get the smaller one, but my track record at being sensible isn't great, especially when it comes to expensive electronics.

No comments: